Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Talk to yourself the way you want your future to be. Successful people continue to take action quickly. If you tell yourself that, you'll never accomplish this, you'll never succeed at that, rest assured, it will become fact. Why not speak positively to yourself? Tell yourself that you can do anything. Tell yourself that you can have want you want. Tell yourself everyday, all day only positive things and they will come.
You don't believe me? Test it? Try this idea as you have nothing to lose. At the worst, you stay where you are but at best, you change your life.
Thoughts are causes, conditions are effects. People are their actions and everything counts. So if you act like a successful person, you will become a successful person. Think like a successful person and act like a successful person.
Posted by The Language House at 11:07 AM
Sunday, May 9, 2010
So you feel ready to move abroad. Now what? Before you quit your job and show up in your desired country, consider a few essentials that will help you with a smooth move abroad.
1. Save, save and save some more. Consider this, even if you moved just to a different region of your home country, it would cost money would'nt it? So why think that moving to a different country would be any different? You will need money for many different start up costs when you arrive to the country of your choice. Save as much money as possible before you quit your day job.
2. Do the research on the country where you want to live. Find out the job market, cost of living, housing options and overall economic climate.
3. If you are a native or near native English speaker, take a TEFL Course in the country of your choice. That gives you time to take a close look at the region where you want to live and get job advice. Its also a great time to network.
4. Re vamp your CV before you arrive so you can hit the ground running once you arrive.
5. In almost all parts of the world, there's no longer a need to close your bank account in your home country. Anywhere you travel you should be able to access your money. Never carry a large wad of cash on you.
6. Try to pack light. Moving abroad means being flexible and you never know what opportunity may arise. In most parts of the world you can buy most things that you may need. And for those things you can't find....well, its time to adapt.
7. Lastly, travel with an open mind. If you are in search of a replica of home then you've misled yourself. The idea of travel is to find and appreciate the differences amongst us, amongst countries and cultures.
Posted by The Language House at 10:18 AM